Businesses are driving the transition to a low carbon economy; nearly half of America’s largest companies have at least one climate or clean energy target.
There are many ways for businesses to integrate emissions-reductions strategies into their operations. Here are just a few:
- Adopt science-based targets: Businesses across the country are incorporating emissions-reduction strategies into their growth strategies to keep global temperature below 2°C. Science based targets provides analytical and technical assistance to support companies through their transition to a low carbon model.
- Commit to 100% renewable energy: RE100: Join over 100 companies and commit to 100 percent renewable electricity and accelerate the transition to a clean energy matrix.
- Commit to improve energy productivity: EP100: EP100 is a global initiative for businesses that want to reduce their carbon footprint by doubling energy productivity, and lower their energy costs at the same time.
- Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance: Switching powers sources can be hard to navigate. REBA facilitates the transition to renewable energy by connecting corporate demand to renewable energy supply.
- Join the Portfolio Decarbonization Coalition: The Portfolio Decarbonization Coalition is an initiative to drive carbon emissions-reductions by mobilizing investors committed to gradually decarbonizing their portfolios.
- Sign the Montréal Carbon Pledge: By signing the Montréal Carbon Pledge, investors commit to measure and publicly disclose the carbon footprint of their investment portfolios on an annual basis.