Foundation for the Future's Climate Action Contribution
About Foundation for the Future's Climate Efforts
Climate Action Commitments
Current Climate Actions Foundation for the Future Is Taking:
Phase Out Investments in Thermal Coal
Investors commit to phasing out our investments in thermal coal activities (specifically thermal coal mining and coal-fired power generation).
New Climate Actions Foundation for the Future Commits To Take:
Commit to 100% Renewable Power: RE100
Companies joining RE100 make a commitment to 100% renewable electricity across their operations , working to increase corporate demand for – and delivery of – renewable energy.
Click learn more for additional information, including the criteria joining.
Commit to Responsible Corporate Engagement in Climate Policy
Join companies and investors that are helping to shape government policy on climate, taking early action and leadership, and showcasing their commitment to a safer and more prosperous economy.
Click learn more for additional information.
Sign the Investor Statement of Support for Low Carbon Investment
Signatories of the Low Carbon Investment statement declare their support for the continued development of the green bond market, in line with global best practice, and will invest in green bonds when investment characteristics are comparable and consistent with investment objectives.
Areas For Collaboration
We are interested in collaborating on the following:
- Encouraging more aggressive state energy efficiency policies
- Encouraging more aggressive state targets for electric vehicles and GHG standards
HFC Phase Down
- Encouraging states to adopt policies to phase out HFCs on an accelerated timeline
- Collaborate on climate and clean energy action, and to advocate for stronger climate policy at the local level
- Enacting policies and programs that cut fugitive methane emissions from oil and gas production
- Supporting adoption of state-level policies to reduce methane from upstream and midstream oil and gas operations
- Encouraging states to adopt incentive programs for forest management, tree cover expansion, and soil health
- Encouraging more aggressive state renewable energy policies