This submission reflects this organization's contribution to the climate effort, representative of their current actions and commitments as well as the ways in which they intend to step up and collaborate with others.
Snowsports Industries America's Climate Action Contribution
About Snowsports Industries America's Climate Efforts
The snow sports industry is on the front lines of climate change, the impacts are already being felt throughout industry. As the trade group for the entire snow sports industry, we are committed to taking a lead role on our members' behalf, but also engaging our members so that they have the opportunity to take meaningful action as well. To this end, we've just launched a climate initiative that gives our members, big and small, opportunities to become more active. Furthermore, we have partnered with the Outdoors Industry Association and The National Ski Areas Association to launch the Outdoor Business Climate Partnership, a coalition that represents the entire $887 billion outdoor business sector.
Climate Action Commitments
Current Climate Actions Snowsports Industries America Is Taking:
Commit to Responsible Engagement in Climate Policy
While individual organization action is necessary, local and federal government action is also needed to reach global climate goals. Your organization can have a critical voice in advancing public policy. A commitment to responsible engagement in climate policy means that your organization commits to supporting public policy to: promote energy efficiency and renewable energy; increase investment in a clean energy economy; support climate change adaptation, or put a price on carbon.
Areas For Collaboration
We are interested in collaborating on the following:
- Aggregating demand for electric vehicles with other actors
- Encouraging more aggressive state targets for electric vehicles and GHG standards
- Promoting increased charging infrastructure
- Collaborate on climate and clean energy action, and to advocate for stronger climate policy at the local level
- Enacting policies and programs that cut fugitive methane emissions from oil and gas production
- Scaling initiatives to reduce methane from livestock and increase production of on-farm renewable energy
- Supporting adoption of state-level policies to reduce methane from upstream and midstream oil and gas operations
- Supporting implementation of methane leak detection technology and processes in aging infrastructure
- Aggregating demand for renewable energy with other actors
- Encouraging more aggressive state renewable energy policies
- Supporting states, cities, and utilities in decarbonizing their energy supply
Snowsports Industries America (SIA) is the non-profit, member-owned trade association for the snow sports industry - representing snow sports gear manufacturers and retailers, an industry that generates $72 billion in economic revenue and supports over 74,000 jobs in the US.
Park City, UT