VIXEVERSA INC's Climate Action Contribution
About VIXEVERSA INC's Climate Efforts
Climate Action Commitments
Current Climate Actions VIXEVERSA INC Is Taking:
Commit to Reducing Waste Produced on Tour
There are many simple and easy ways to decrease waste while on tour. This includes: coordinating with venues, concessionaires and catering to reduce waste at the source by using environmentally preferable serve-ware and straws; consulting with catering to to make entire service plastic-free, aiding venues and caterers in reducing non-reusable water bottle consumption; collecting and recycling guitar strings, collecting and properly disposing of used batteries.
Commit to Educating Concert Attendees on the Environmental Impact of Tour
Action cannot be taken without awareness. Develop sustainability messaging for your website, social media content, or engage concert attendees on pledges to reduce CO 2 e missions, eliminate single-use plastic bottles, etc.
Commit to Reducing Food Waste
Every year in the United States, approximately 31% (133 billion pounds) of the overall food supply is wasted, which impacts food security, resource conservation, and contributes to the 18% of total U.S. methane emissions that come from landfills2. Coordinate with caterers and venues to donate excess food to local shelters and food banks, where regulations allow it.
New Climate Actions VIXEVERSA INC Commits To Take:
Commit to Eliminating Single-Use Plastic Water Bottles
Only about 23% of plastic bottles are recycled within the U.S.1 By providing hydration stations on tour, encouraging fans to bring refillable water containers, where allowed to performances, and ensuring tour buses and catering are stocked with environmentally preferable hydration options, will reduce the use of single-use plastic bottles.
Commit to Reducing Energy and CO2 Emissions From Touring
All tours, big or small, can calculate and offset all emissions generated from a tour and acquire an offset of CO2 emissions. The majority of the CO2 emissions from touring are from fan travel. You can encourage fans to carpool and take mass transit to the shows to reduce this.
Areas For Collaboration
We are interested in collaborating on the following:
- Encouraging more aggressive state energy efficiency policies
- Improving efficiency in existing buildings through real estate transactions
- Supporting building thermal decarbonization and electrification
- Aggregating demand for electric vehicles with other actors
- Encouraging more aggressive state targets for electric vehicles and GHG standards
- Promoting increased charging infrastructure
HFC Phase Down
- Encouraging states to adopt policies to phase out HFCs on an accelerated timeline
- Collaborate on climate and clean energy action, and to advocate for stronger climate policy at the local level
- Supporting adoption of state-level policies to reduce methane from upstream and midstream oil and gas operations
- Developing in measurement and monitoring systems to target efforts and track progress
- Encouraging states to adopt incentive programs for forest management, tree cover expansion, and soil health
- Aggregating demand for renewable energy with other actors
- Encouraging more aggressive state renewable energy policies
- Supporting states, cities, and utilities in decarbonizing their energy supply